Cadillac Family Law And Divorce Attorney
Helping Families Through Difficult Times
Dealing with family law issues is an emotional experience. There can be great happiness when adopting a child. There can also be great sadness or anger when going through a divorce or custody battle. Whatever type of issue you are facing, the help of an experienced family law attorney can be very valuable.
At the Law Office of Mark R. Mitchell, P.C., we provide knowledgeable representation as well as an understanding ear to those with family law concerns. Our founding attorney, Mark R. Mitchell, has more than 25 years of experience helping Michigan families with their legal needs. When you come to us, you will be treated with kindness and respect, and your information will always be kept private.
To schedule a meeting to discuss your concerns with Cadillac family law and divorce lawyer Mark Mitchell, please call 231-775-7300. You can also send us an email. If you are going through a divorce or you seek legal advice regarding stepparent adoption, paternity or post-divorce modifications, you want an experienced divorce attorney on your side. The Law Office of Mark R. Mitchell, P.C., in Cadillac has been protecting Michigan families for years. Whatever family law concerns you may have, the firm can help you find solutions today.
Handling All Divorce-Related Issues
When you are going through a divorce, you have a lot on your mind. Dealing with the legal aspects can seem overwhelming. We are here to help you through all the issues so you can move forward with your life. We provide comprehensive, full-service representation to every family client, resolving issues of:
- Child custody and support: If you have children, their interests are most important. We help you resolve issues of custody, support and visitation, helping you preserve a relationship with your child.
- Post-divorce modifications: People across Michigan have been hit hard by the recession. Whether you have lost your job and need to modify your child support plan or you have to alter your child custody plan so you can move for a new job, we will help you explore your options so you can do what is best for you and your family.
- Property division: When it comes to property division, you want to make sure your financial future is protected. We will make sure you get your fair share of marital property, including real estate, business property, pension plans, stocks and 401(k) accounts.
- Paternity: Whether you are a mother who needs to establish paternity to receive child support payments or an unmarried father who wants to stabilize and secure your relationship with your children, we can help.
- Grandparents’ rights: In some circumstances, grandparents can assert rights to visit a grandchild or even gain full custody of the grandchild. If you are concerned about your grandchildren, we are ready to discuss what you can do to help them.
Michigan Adoption Lawyer
Bringing a new member into your family through adoption is a joyous event. Whether you are considering domestic adoption or stepparent adoption, we are thoroughly familiar with the complex laws of adoption and can help you accomplish your goal.
Unfortunately, domestic violence is a concern for some families. We can assist victims of domestic abuse in seeking restraining orders as well as defending those who may be wrongfully accused.
Uncontested Divorce Lawyer Wexford
Uncontested divorces are those in which both spouses are cooperative and agree on all elements of the divorce. This includes asset and property division, child custody, and parenting time, as well as any other concerns that may surface throughout the divorce process. In an uncontested divorce, the parties select among themselves what the outcome of the case will be.
Even though it may seem easy to do a divorce without the help of an attorney when it appears to be uncontested, this is often not the case. Complex legal documents that have long lasting effects on both parties must be drafted and filed with the appropriate court. Agreements must be constructed in a way that is enforceable should changes occur in the future, and deadlines must be met within the court system to prevent the case from being dismissed.
Contact An Experienced Michigan Family Law Attorney
If you have questions about divorce, custody or any other family law issue, we are here to answer them. To schedule a meeting, please call 231-775-7300. You can also contact us online.