Comprehensive Estate Plans Tailored To Your Needs
Though it can be difficult to think about the end of your life, it can be made a little easier knowing that by doing so you can create a plan for distributing your assets to those you love. Without a proper estate plan, your property will be distributed according to state law. With the help of an experienced lawyer, you can create a plan that fulfills your wishes and provides for the people and organizations you care about.
At the Law Office of Mark R. Mitchell, P.C., we help people create comprehensive estate plans. Our founding attorney, Mark Mitchell, has more than 25 years of experience as a Cadillac estate planning attorney. We know that trust and confidentiality are extremely important to anyone creating an estate plan, and it is equally important to us. Your information will be kept private, and you will always be treated with the dignity and respect you deserve.
To schedule a consultation to discuss your estate planning needs, please call 231-775-7300. You can also contact us online.
Providing A Full Range Of Estate Planning Services
We offer comprehensive, thorough estate planning advice to clients across northern Michigan. We are available to draft and review estate planning documents and help you build a complete plan that will distribute your assets the way you intend. Some of our services include:
- Wills and trusts: At the very least, everyone should have a simple will that can determine where their assets will go. The more assets you have, the more you want to tailor a plan to your concerns. Developing trusts can help you minimize the tax impact of your gifts.
- Powers of attorney: There may come a time when you are no longer able to make decisions about your health and finances. You can establish health care and financial powers of attorney today, so your rights are respected in the future.
- Asset protection and business successions: If you have major assets, retirement plans or a family business, you will want to explore options beyond a simple will or trust.
- Guardianships and conservatorships: If someone you love is no longer able to handle affairs on their own, you may want to obtain a guardianship or conservatorship to assist them or care for them. We can help you establish an arrangement that preserves your loved one’s dignity and gives you peace of mind.
Probate And Estate Administration
In addition to estate planning, we also provide estate administration and probate counsel for individuals and families across Michigan. We can help you avoid any potential pitfalls and make sure the wishes of your loved one are honored. We can help with:
- Retitling assets
- Locating and valuing assets
- Collecting debts and paying the estate’s bills
- Paying final expenses for the deceased
We also handle probate litigation, including will contests, trust disputes, probate fraud and other cases.
Contact A Michigan Estate Planning And Probate Attorney
To schedule a meeting to discuss your estate planning or probate needs, please call 231-775-7300. You can also contact us online.